Saturday, March 5, 2011

St. Mary's Lab 2 [Ninja Lab!]

This week's lab was a lot of fun.  I thought that the cartoon theme went over really well, and I am happy with the games that my group taught to the students.  I learned a lot about the students during this lab.  First of all, the students enjoy the games a lot more when we, as instructors, are enthusiastic about what we are teaching.  The fact that we had on our ninja turtle gear displayed really added to the excitement in the gym.  Also, I found that the louder and more clear that we are when teaching, the better the game will go.  It is an excellent idea to practice our games during pre-lab because it really makes me feel more comfortable while teaching the students at the school.  I felt determined and confident while teaching, which is a positive step. I am glad that I had the opportunity to work with the gym group again.  One thing I noticed that needs improvement is the motor skills of the younger students.  I noticed that they had difficulty maintaing the skills for a longer period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment